Sunday, September 17, 2017

SPACE MONKEYS! 
That's what I call all the feral (wild and stray) cats that are caught, taken in for neutering and other medical services and then either put them back where they were caught or, preferably, work with them to get them accustomed to people and not afraid of being handled. I prefer the latter.
This past month was very satisfying. Nine cats were delivered to me, along with Liza, one of my very own feral cats from out behind my house.
I managed to get eight of them into foster care or outright adopted. Liza was returned out back where I continue to take care of her and the rest of the small colony that I  maintain.
The last poor little urchin, Gremnell (they're named after nearby streets where they were rescued), came from a terrible location and I didn't want to send her back there. I worked with her for the rest of the month to 'relocate' her to my group. 
This involves keeping her in her pen, but just outside my back door, so she can get adjusted to the sights, sounds, smells and, yes, other cats of the area.
I'm happy to say that Gremnell is very happy with her new life and that she and Liza are actually good friends now.

Here's some of the action from the rest of the past month:

This is one of our gals, Liza. She was pretty ticked off with me, but she's fine now... and will be for a long time, thanks to the vet.




About half of these babies were tabbies, which made it a little confusing. Thankfully, they were all slightly different sizes.





Oops! That's not a cat. It's me. Hi.